Creating a Fine Grained Password Policy in Windows Server 2012
In Windows Server 2012, fine-grained password policy management is made much easier than Windows Server 2008/2008 R2. Windows Administrators not have to use ADSI Edit and configure complicated settings to create the Password Settings Object (PSO) in the Password Settings Container. Instead we can configure fine-grained password policy directly in Active Directory Administrative Center (ADAC). All level of Windows Administrators can easily configure Fine-Grained Password Policy in Windows Server 2012.
Here, we can create and apply a PSO to G_Managers Group with the following group using Active Directory Administrative Center.
1. Open Server Manager Dashboard, click on Tools Menu, and click Active Directory Administrative Center.
2. In the navigation pane, click server name (local), then select System Container and double-click the Password Settings Container.
3. In the Task pane at right side, click New and then click Password Settings.
4. In the Create Password Settings dialog box, enter the values from the table:
5. Click Add and type G_Managers, then click Check Names and click OK.
6. In the Create Password Settings: ManagerPSO dialog box, Click OK .
7. Test the settings by changing the password for the shreeyam account, who is the member of G_Managers ,to a noncomplex, four-letter password such as simple.
In Windows Server 2012, we can configure Fine-Grained Password Policy directly in Active Directory Administrative Center (ADAC). I hope this helps.